As a traditional profession, becoming an accountant is a popular career choice. It offers good reward in salary and choice is varied. A job in accountancy isn’t just complex mathematics. Business understanding is paramount if you want to go far and you will need to communicate effectively with departmental managers, understand their business needs and provide them with sound financial advice.
To be involved in detailed accounting jobs such as statutory accounting, insolvency and investment, and ultimately to be able to sign off final accounts you will need to have an approved qualification to do so. The main ones in the UK for accountancy are the following:
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
• Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)
As you can see there are various entry routes in to the profession and towards qualification and you can even earn while you learn in intern placements.
www.ijobsfinancial.co.uk is a leading online jobsite for accountancy jobs, finance jobs, banking jobs and insurance jobs in the UK and internationally. Whether you are looking to get into these professions or want to progress your career we have a wide range of new vacancies posted daily.